Mar 14 2013
– Theodore Roosevelt, the 26th President of the United States (1901–1909). He is noted for his exuberant personality, range of interests and achievements, and his leadership of the Progressive Movement, as well as his “cowboy” persona and robust masculinity.
“If you start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.”
Mar 12 2013
– Joe Rogan, an American martial artist, stand-up comedian, actor, writer and color commentator. He is best known for playing Joe Garrelli on the NBC sitcom NewsRadio and running his own podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience.
Mar 8 2013
Another round-up of animated GIF images. Part one of the series is here.
Mar 7 2013
Camilo José Vergara visited New York during the Vietnam War, when many Hispanics and Blacks were beginning the movement to end the chains of oppression to become free.
Most of the places Camilo photographed were very dangerous to visit, let alone photograph.
Mar 5 2013
– Albert Einstein, a German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of general relativity, effecting a revolution in physics.
Mar 1 2013
This is a leaked North Korean documentary about capitalism, imperialism and mass manipulation of the western culture. It's scary how true all of this is – a great watch!
Feb 27 2013
– Eleanor Roosevelt; she was the longest-serving First Lady of the United States, holding the post from 1933 to 1945 during her husband Franklin D. Roosevelt's four terms in office.
Feb 24 2013
– Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens), was an American author and humorist.
Feb 23 2013
An incredible documentary on how an astronaut's perception of Earth changes once they come back to our home planet.
Feb 23 2013
Maentis Studio is a Paris-based collective of artists specializing in graphic design, illustration and street art.
Their first project, 99 Steps of Progress, is a series of illustrations parodying the famous “March of Progress”. Beautiful art with a lot of meaning, what more can you ask for?