Oct 18 2012
- Destination: Pacific Ocean
- The impact peels off 10km of Earth's crust
- The shock-wave travels at hypersonic speeds (6,150-12,300km/h)
- Debris are blasted off into space, only to return and destroy the surface of the Earth
- Fires would engulf the entire surface of the planet, vaporizing all the life in their way
- Within 1 day, the surface of the Earth is inhabitable
- The evidence shows that this has happened at least 6 times in Earth's history
Make sure to watch this video in full HD.
Oct 16 2012
Michael Benson works at the intersection of art and science. He colors, edits and composes multiple raw images that are freely available for download though NASA's website, producing seamless digital C prints of landscapes beyond direct human experience. It's like being where the space probe went, and seeing it with your own eyes. Simply breathtaking!