Interesting things, humor, facts, videos, quotes, wallpapers, plus cool stuff to buy.
I Like to Waste My Time was started by myself, Yuriy Sklyar, and my brother, Jenya Sklyar, as one of many experiments that we maintain under Threefifty (our design studio). We're currently operating from Edmonton and San Francisco.
Since its launch on the 18th of March, 2011 the website has grown to 300,000+ unique monthly readers who generate over 760,000 pageviews.
ILTWMT will evolve as the time goes by, but for now here are some of our values, beliefs and ideas:
- We specialize in timeless, quality content.
- This resource is meant to be both educational and enjoyable.
- Think of us as Wikipedia of all things interesting (minus all the not-so-interesting stuff).
- We're not huge fans of blatant advertising. We believe that content is usually cheapened by ads, which is the reason why you will not see any random, irrelevant ads on ILTWMT. It's not all just about money!
Finally, we thank you for your continuous support!
- ILTWMT Team
- Open up an online store; introduce new content type (cool stuff you can actually buy).
- Launch the 'Games' section of the website.
- Make the content even better by personally visiting as many locations (to re-document/re-shoot).
- Launch 'DIY' (Do it Yourself) section of simple projects that could benefit your day-to-day life.