Feb 8 2014
Oymyakon, Russia has been dubbed the coldest village on earth.
Known as the "Pole of Cold", this northern Russian village averages -51°C in January, with an all-time record low temperature of -71°C in February of 2013.
Feb 6 2014
London photographer Roman Sakovich created a series of photographs depicting the shocking effects of long-term drug abuse.
Feb 5 2014
– Confucius, was a Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher of the Spring and Autumn Period of Chinese history. The philosophy of Confucius emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity.
Feb 4 2014
Each member of the SAPE (Société des Ambianceurs et des Personnes Élégantes - Society of Elegant Persons) has their own unique style, and it sure is cool. Photographed by Francesco Giusti.
Feb 4 2014
– Lou Holtz, is a retired American football coach, and active sportscaster, author, and motivational speaker.
Jan 27 2014
The majority of Ukraine's population is unhappy with the currently corrupt government. When the president, Viktor Yanukovych, decided to end the talks that would join Ukraine into the European Union free-trade agreement, it sparked protests in the streets of Kiev.
The unification into the EU would mean a more democratic and reformed social system for the people of Ukraine. These photos were taken in the heat of the riots on Jan 22, 2014.
Jan 2 2014
– Abraham Lincoln, was the 16th President of the United States, serving from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. He also led America through the devastating Civil war.
Dec 26 2013
– George Carlin, was an American stand-up comedian, social critic, satirist, actor, and writer/author who won five Grammy Awards for his comedy albums.
Oct 31 2013
– Oscar Wilde, an Irish writer and poet. After writing in different forms throughout the 1880s, he became one of London's most popular playwrights in the early 1890s.
Oct 18 2013
– Ernest Hemmingway, was an American author and journalist. His economical and understated style had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his life of adventure and his public image influenced later generations.